pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Eric Douglas <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject Re: pdfbox warnings
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 15:59:43 GMT
ZapfDingbats should be there, shouldn't have to substitute, as you
mentioned.
John Hewson
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=jahewson> added
a comment - 11/Feb/14 00:55

This is a PDFBox bug. Zapf Dingbats is one of the standard 14 fonts that
should always work without being embedded.
‚Äč
As mentioned on that bug report, I had actually created this PDF using
iText, which doesn't appear to give any way to embed the font.
I got a rendering problem on pdfbox trying to read this PDF back in,
because this font is not embedded or installed, though Adobe renders it
just fine.
This will likely come up again someday, though I worked around this for
now, since as I mentioned this is a PDF I'm creating.  I changed this
instance to render to the Graphics using the original object I created it
from instead of reading the PDF after it's created.

I will test that ExternalFonts.addSubstitute when I get time, as another
workaround.