pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Happy Human <happyhuma...@gmail.com>
Subject form field values not displaying
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 00:21:09 GMT
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can give some insight into the following issue. When
setting field values either with ImportXFDF, ImportFDF or a simple
field.setValue("foo") some fields do not display when the PDF is opened.

This seems to only happen when the fields font is set to "auto." The issue
apparently being there is no appearance for the form field yet. However,
some fields do render properly and I'm not sure why that is.

Also, setting the NeedsAppearances flag to true on the AcroForm dictionary
does force the viewer to render the fields properly. However, I'm also
attempting to "flatten" the PDF by removing the fields and appending the
normal appearance stream for the removed field to the document.

I'm using PDFBox 1.8.9.

Is it possible to create appearance streams for these fields or is there an
alternative approach?

Thank you,
-Dan