pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: "Empty" AcroFields
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:36:29 GMT
Hi,
> Am 30.04.2015 um 11:31 schrieb phiroc@free.fr:
>

> Hello,
>
> I have solved my problems by re-creating my template from scratch with OpenOffice and
exporting it to PDF, instead of using a template created by one of my colleagues using an
MS Word file which he imported into Acrobat Pro.

> Case closed.

thanks Philippe for letting us know - I was just about to take a look at your files.

Good luck with your project.

Maruan

> Philippe

which is lightly offset to the left and top (for instance, you can only see the text's bottom).
>> If I click an "empty" field though, its contents appear.
>> - if I set the form's fields to read-only in my code, the text appears, but it is
vertical

> this behavior means that the appearance might not have been generated correctly. Which
version of PDFBox are you using? Would you have an empty sample form, and the same filled
with Acrobat and PDFBox?

> Sidenote - although it's defined in the PDF specification how an appearance is generated
the 'styling' (such a padding around the text, linespacing...) is not part of the PDF specification
so one can only replicate the behavior of e.g. Acrobat. Your form might still look different
(or OK) using a different reader.

> BR
> Maruan
>

>> How can I fix these issues?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Philippe
>>

>> 	void generatePdf(final List<TreeMap<String, String>> csvDataArrayList,
final File pdfTemplateFilePath,