pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Custom glyph maps for a fonts
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 16:37:31 GMT

> On 30 Apr 2015, at 05:19, Zeev Sands <zeev.sands@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 04/29/2015 09:54 PM, John Hewson wrote:
>> I’m not quite sure what you mean, do you mean the last-resort case where if we
fail to find a mapping we simply coerce the PDF character code to Unicode? (Yes, it’s a
bad idea, but it’s what Acrobat does). If so, that code can be found in PDFTextStreamEngine.
You can override showGlyph to hook into this, by checking if unicode == null before calling
super.showGlyph.

> Yes, this is exactly what I need. Some sort of custom logic in showGlyph.

Great, the new APIs in 2.0 should make this easy. Any problems, just ask.

-- John