pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Filling out PDPage forms
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:29:36 GMT
Hi,

> Am 21.04.2015 um 18:15 schrieb phiroc@free.fr:
>

> Hi Maruan,
>
> I have tried importing the form using LayerUtility.importPageAsForm(), into the destination
PDF, as follows (sorry, Scala code, but comprehensible).

No, this will give you a page you can mount not another one - has nothing to do with AcroForm.

Did you follow the stack overflow post I mentioned?

BR
Maruan

> However, the page is blank.
>
> Is importPageAsForm the right method to import a form?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Philippe

> import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel._
> import org.apache.pdfbox.util._
> import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.common.PDRectangle
>
> object App {
>
>  def main(args: Array[String]) = {
>
>  	val pathToPdfTemplateFile = "D:\\dev\\ProjectData\\fillbundlelabelformData\\pdf\\template\\LO_Labels210315_formulaire.pdf"
>  	val pathToClonedFile = "D:\\dev\\ProjectData\\fillbundlelabelformData\\pdf\\generated\\clone.pdf"
>
>  	val templatePDDocument = PDDocument.load(pathToPdfTemplateFile)
>  	val clonedDocument = new PDDocument
>  	val pDPage = new PDPage(new PDRectangle(612, 792))
>  	clonedDocument.addPage(pDPage)
>  	val aLayerUtility = new LayerUtility(clonedDocument)
>  	val aPDXObjectForm = aLayerUtility.importPageAsForm(templatePDDocument, 0)
>        clonedDocument.save(pathToClonedFile)
>        clonedDocument.close
> 	templatePDDocument.close
>
>  }
>
> }

the destination PDF, PDDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm() returns null.

> so you have only imported the pages but not the AcroForm. If you import the AcroForm
this will only have the fields pointing to the source page. You need to create new fields
from the ones you have with unique names as I assume the fields on subsequent pages shall
have their own content.  There is a sample available at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29371129/java-pdfbox-fill-out-pdf-form-append-it-to-pddocument-and-repeat/29417945#29417945
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29371129/java-pdfbox-fill-out-pdf-form-append-it-to-pddocument-and-repeat/29417945#29417945>

> BR
>
> Maruan

function?

>> AcroForms are not page related as a field can appear on multiple pages. You need
to use doc.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm() to retrieve the form.