pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Zeev Sands <zeev.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom glyph maps for a fonts
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:19:43 GMT
On 04/29/2015 09:54 PM, John Hewson wrote:
> I’m not quite sure what you mean, do you mean the last-resort case where if we fail
to find a mapping we simply coerce the PDF character code to Unicode? (Yes, it’s a bad idea,
but it’s what Acrobat does). If so, that code can be found in PDFTextStreamEngine. You can
override showGlyph to hook into this, by checking if unicode == null before calling super.showGlyph.

Yes, this is exactly what I need. Some sort of custom logic in showGlyph.

thank you,
Zeev