pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Zeev Sands <zeev.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom glyph maps for a fonts
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:50:53 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've been using pdfbox 2.0 for a couple of weeks and came across an
issue with a some symbol fonts (WPIconicSymbolsA and WPTypographicSymbols):
I needed to convert the symbols to their unicode equivalents, so I
cooked up a small class to do that. No problems there.

My issue is - some of the symbols coming in are already being converted
and some are not. I do see that there is a list of glyphs that is being
loaded to do just that (glyphlist.txt) and there is an additional list
(additional.txt) for more glyphs. What I don't understand is how a glyph
can be mapped without specifying a font name, for example in
WPIconicSymbolsA dec 33 is an outline of a heart, in
WPTypographicSymbols dec 33 is a large filled dot.

So to be specific, my questions are :

   Is there any way to give pdf box a map *per font*?

   What is the philosophy of glyph conversion how are different fonts
converted to different unicode characters?

Please, let me know if I am looking at the whole thing incorrectly.
Perhaps there is an easier way...

Thank you,
Zeev