pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Adding annotations from XFDF file to PDF document
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:15:45 GMT
Hi,

Am 14.04.2015 um 15:06 schrieb Johanneke Lamberink:
> Hi,
>
> As part of a bigger application, I am trying to use PDFBox to combine a separate XFDF
file containing annotations with a PDF document. The result should be a PDF document with
annotations.

> Unless I'm mistaken, PDFBox has no support for parsing XFDF annotations at this time.
Are there any plans to implement this?
> In an attempt to implement it myself, I have been parsing the XFDF file to create FDFAnnotation
objects and then using those FDFAnnotation objects to create PDAnnotation objects. So far
so good. However, the FDFAnnotation class and it's various subclasses for different annotations
do not support the attributes that are required for specific annotations.
> A result of this is that I have to parse String input to PDFont and PDColorspace objects
(for example), and I can't discover how to do this.

> For now, I have 3 questions:
>
>    *   how do I create a PDFont object from (for example) "/Helvetica 18 Tf"
>    *   how do I create a PDColorSpace object from (for example) "0.000 0.000 0.000 rg"
>    *   What are your suggestions for continuing with my project. Continue working on
my own solution, or implement support for XFDF annotations in PDFBox? Is anyone already working
on this?

> Any help is greatly appreciated :)
I'm not a XFDF expert, but did you ever give org.apache.pdfbox.tools.ImportXFDF
a try? Maybe that's the missing piece you are looking for ...

P.S.: You should use the current trunk due to some recent improvements trageting
that specific area.

> Johanneke Lamberink

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler