pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: parseCOSStream defined twice
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:36:07 GMT
Am 02.04.2015 um 15:36 schrieb Andrea Vacondio:
> I see parseCOSStream is defined in BaseParser and COSParser is it on
> purpose? They kinda look like duplicates so I was wandering if it's a
> mistake and one can go.

It's not a mistake... in the early days, there was the sequential
parser. Later, there was the non Sequential parser which is more spec
conforming and which was "all new". The nonSequential parser has been
renamed to COSParser and the old parser was deleted (still exists in
1.8.*), except for parts that were still being used. I tried to replace
one with the other, either it didn't work at all, or there was trouble
with rendering. But I agree that it should be investigated what parts of
the method are duplicate.

Tilman