pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Richard Johnson <rich...@ytivarg.com>
Subject Re: Filling out PDPage forms
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:19:33 GMT
Here's how I understand it--and I might well be wrong.  I'm just a user.

The document has pages.
The document has a form.

When you clone the first page into your working document, that page is not part
of the form that came with the original and which remains unchanged.   You
probably could make a new (output) document and put a new doc catalog and a
new form on it.

If it were me (and I'm by nature incredibly lazy) I'd use Adobe or MasterPDF
to save the first page as a jpg, then make a whole new doc with that jpg as a
template/background, add a whole new set of fields on top of it (several
times), make sure every field was named uniquely ... and start my processing
with that.
--
Richard Johnson

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 03:04:03 PM phiroc@free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unfortunately, once I have imported several copies of the source PDF form
page into the destination PDF, PDDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm()
returns null.

templatePDDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages().get(0);

> > and then to import it into the destination PDF:
> >
> > PDPage clonedPDPage = clonedDocument.importPage(firstPage);
> >
> > The destination PDF now contains several copies of the form.
> >
> > I now need to fill out the forms with data from a CSV file.
> >
> > How do I retrieve each page's form field, given that there's no
PDPage.getAcroForm() function?

> AcroForms are not page related as a field can appear on multiple pages. You
need to use doc.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm() to retrieve the form.