pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: form field values not displaying
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 07:05:52 GMT
Hi,
> Am 29.04.2015 um 02:21 schrieb Happy Human <happyhuman42@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
>
> Wondering if anyone can give some insight into the following issue. When
> setting field values either with ImportXFDF, ImportFDF or a simple
> field.setValue("foo") some fields do not display when the PDF is opened.
>
> This seems to only happen when the fields font is set to "auto." The issue
> apparently being there is no appearance for the form field yet. However,
> some fields do render properly and I'm not sure why that is.

there were some changes in 1.8 to handle the creation of appearance streams so there might
be a specific issue with your form which is currently not being handled correctly.

Could you upload a sample form to a public location to take a look?

> Also, setting the NeedsAppearances flag to true on the AcroForm dictionary
> does force the viewer to render the fields properly. However, I'm also
> attempting to "flatten" the PDF by removing the fields and appending the
> normal appearance stream for the removed field to the document.
>
> I'm using PDFBox 1.8.9.
>
> Is it possible to create appearance streams for these fields or is there an
> alternative approach?

You can of course generate the appearance stream yourself but as written above that should
already be handled by PDFBox.

BR
Maruan