pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Dario Novakovic <dario...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject adding B&W images to PDF
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:29:00 GMT
Hi all,
I want to create PDf from scanned documents. I receive scanner output as BufferedImage and
I am able to produce multipage PDF by adding JPEG images. Most of my scanned images are text,
black and white. JPEG compression is good, but final PDF size could be smaller.
 Now I am interested, is there any way to apply CCIT or JBIG2 compression for bitonal images?
As I can see, there aren't too many options available when it comes to codecs in java. Has
anybody got any experience or recommendation how to apply bitonal compression to BufferedImage?
I think right way to do this would be to supply encoded stream instead of "???":
PDXObjectImage ximage = new PDCcitt(new PDStream(doc, ???));
I wasn't able to find single example of bitonal image encoding in Java, has anybody else got
any advices, links, anything?
Thanks!