pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Text removal
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:13:27 GMT
Dear a7mad,

removing text from a PDF is not an easy task as
- text which might visually appear as a single item might consistent of individual parts within
the PDF itself e.g. each character or groups of characters are place individually in different
COSStrings
- text might be drawn using graphics commands
- text can appear within different parts of the PDF (e.g. the text might be content of a form
field AND the annotation representing the form field visually)
- you need to look up the encoding information to get form the characters in the PDF "string"
to the ones you are looking for
….

If you can post a specific PDF to a public location and describe in detail which string should
have been replaced which hasn't I will be able to tell you why that might have happened.

Maruan