pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Underlined text is not displayed correctly in Apple Preview 8.0 (859.7) with pdfbox 2.0 snapshot
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:12:14 GMT
Hi,

this thread on stack overflow has a sample for you.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28144941/in-pdfbox-how-to-create-a-link-annotation-with-rollover-mouse-over-effect/28874068#28874068

BR
Maruan

> Am 06.03.2015 um 13:08 schrieb Vadim Bauer <bauer.vadim@gmail.com>:
>
> Thank you Maruan,
> I am looking for some appearance stream examples but can't find any. Do you maybe have
some?

>> Am 06.03.2015 um 11:50 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>>
>> Hi Vadim,
>>
>> the reason of that behavior is that when you create a new annotation using PDFBox
it's parameters are defined but not the visual appearance (the appearance stream) as a result
the way the annotation is displayed is dependent on the defaults of the viewing application
which leads to different 'looks' in Adobe Reader and OS X Preview.

>> What can be done to resolve this is to generate the appearance stream. Unfortunately
this still doesn't give you a guarantee that different readers show the annotation exactly
the same way as it's still up to the reader to decide if it's respecting it or not.

>> Maruan
>>

>>> Am 06.03.2015 um 11:31 schrieb Vadim Bauer <bauer.vadim@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Ok guys I have an example that reproduces the error out of the box with AddAnnotation
example <https://github.com/apache/pdfbox/blob/a0e69a5a0a6ee6b2ffcbf7fff1a0beed52c90074/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/AddAnnotations.java>
that ships with pdfbox.

>>> Please take a look at the screenshot.
>>> So what do you think is this a:
>>> a.) pdfbox issue that needs to be solved.
>>> b.) a pdfbox issue that can't/won't be solved.
>>> c.) a apple preview issue with NO pdfbox workaround.
>>> d.) a apple preview issue with an (pdfbox) workaround
>>> <PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

pdf. When I open the link in Adobe 11 it is displayed correctly with an underlined link.

solid line box. Actually except dashed every PDBorderStyleDictionary option is displayed
as solid in apple preview.