pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Underlined text is not displayed correctly in Apple Preview 8.0 (859.7) with pdfbox 2.0 snapshot
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:50:38 GMT
Hi Vadim,

the reason of that behavior is that when you create a new annotation using PDFBox it's parameters
are defined but not the visual appearance (the appearance stream) as a result the way the
annotation is displayed is dependent on the defaults of the viewing application which leads
to different 'looks' in Adobe Reader and OS X Preview.

What can be done to resolve this is to generate the appearance stream. Unfortunately this
still doesn't give you a guarantee that different readers show the annotation exactly the
same way as it's still up to the reader to decide if it's respecting it or not.

Maruan

> Am 06.03.2015 um 11:31 schrieb Vadim Bauer <bauer.vadim@gmail.com>:
>
> Ok guys I have an example that reproduces the error out of the box with AddAnnotation
example <https://github.com/apache/pdfbox/blob/a0e69a5a0a6ee6b2ffcbf7fff1a0beed52c90074/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/AddAnnotations.java>
that ships with pdfbox.

> Please take a look at the screenshot.
> So what do you think is this a:
> a.) pdfbox issue that needs to be solved.
> b.) a pdfbox issue that can't/won't be solved.
> c.) a apple preview issue with NO pdfbox workaround.
> d.) a apple preview issue with an (pdfbox) workaround
> <PastedGraphic-1.tiff>
>

>> Am 05.03.2015 um 17:58 schrieb Vadim Bauer <bauer.vadim@gmail.com <mailto:bauer.vadim@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> Im using latest PDFBox 2.0 latest snapshot to add an underlined link on a pdf. When
I open the link in Adobe 11 it is displayed correctly with an underlined link.

>> When I open the same pdf with Apple Preview 8.0 (859.7) it is displayed as solid
line box. Actually except dashed every PDBorderStyleDictionary option is displayed as solid
in apple preview.