pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Floris <fne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDDeviceN
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:51:00 GMT
Tilman, thank you very much for your response. I tried to implement your
suggestion but unfortunately without luck. It just produces:

6 0 obj
<<
/Cs1 /DeviceGray
/Cs2 /DeviceN

endobj

Here is a working example of my trial. I am indeed using PDFBox version
1.8.8 and Java 1.8.0_40-ea.

packagecom.here.devicentest;

importorg.apache.pdfbox.cos.*;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.exceptions.COSVisitorException;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.io.RandomAccessBuffer;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPage;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDResources;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.common.PDRectangle;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.common.function.PDFunctionType4;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.edit.PDPageContentStream;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font;
importorg.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.color.*;

importjava.io.IOException;
importjava.io.OutputStream;
importjava.lang.String;
importjava.lang.System;
importjava.util.Arrays;
importjava.util.HashMap;
importjava.util.Map;

public classDeviceNTest {

     public static voidmain(String[] args) {

         try{

             WritePDF("MyDeviceN_Test.pdf");
             System.out.println("Done Writing!");

         }catch(IOException e) {
             e.printStackTrace();
         }catch(COSVisitorException e) {
             e.printStackTrace();
         }

     }

     public static voidWritePDF(String filename)throwsIOException, COSVisitorException {

         // Construct the PDF document
         PDDocument doc =newPDDocument();

         // Construct the only page.
         PDPage pdpage =newPDPage();

         // Specify the media box.
         PDRectangle mediabox =newPDRectangle(50,50);
         pdpage.setMediaBox( mediabox );

         // Specify the fonts.
         PDFont currentfont = PDType1Font.HELVETICA;

         // Specify the color spaces.
         Map<String, PDColorSpace> colorspaces =newHashMap<String, PDColorSpace>();

         // Specify DeviceGray for text.
         PDColorSpace cs1 =newPDDeviceGray();

         // Add the color sapce to the color space map.
         colorspaces.put("Cs1", cs1);

         // Specify DeviceN for a rectangle.
         /*
             DeviceN
             - Color Names
             - Alternate Color Space
             - Tint Transform Function
             - Attributes
          */
         PDDeviceN cs2 =newPDDeviceN();

         // - Color Names
         cs2.setColorantNames(Arrays.asList("Cyan","Magenta","Yellow","Black","Orange","Green"));

         // - Alternate Color Space
         cs2.setAlternateColorSpace(PDDeviceCMYK.INSTANCE);

         // - Tint Transform
         /*
             Function Type 4
             - Domain
             - Range
             - Length
             - Type
             - Stream (containing the PS code).
          */
         // - Domain
         COSArray domains =newCOSArray();
         domains.setFloatArray(new float[]{0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1});

         // - Range
         COSArray ranges =newCOSArray();
         ranges.setFloatArray(new float[]{0.0f,1.0f,0.0f,1.0f,0.0f,1.0f,0.0f,1.0f});

         // - Dictionary
         COSDictionary functiondata =newCOSDictionary();

         functiondata.setItem(COSName.FUNCTION_TYPE, COSInteger.get(4));
         functiondata.setItem(COSName.DOMAIN, domains);
         functiondata.setItem(COSName.RANGE, ranges);
         functiondata.setItem(COSName.TYPE, COSName.FUNCTION);

         // - Stream
         String functionText ="{pop pop}";

         COSStream functionStream =newCOSStream(functiondata,newRandomAccessBuffer());
         OutputStream out = functionStream.createUnfilteredStream();
         out.write(functionText.getBytes("US-ASCII"));
         out.close();

         // Construct the tint transform function.
         PDFunctionType4 tinttransformfunction = (PDFunctionType4) PDFunctionType4.create(functionStream);

         // Add it to the color space.
         cs2.setTintTransform(tinttransformfunction);

         // - Attributes (just an empty dictionary)
         PDDeviceNAttributes attribs =newPDDeviceNAttributes();
         cs2.setAttributes(attribs);

         // Add the color space to the color space map.
         colorspaces.put("Cs2", cs2);

         // Add the color space map to the page resources.
         PDResources res =newPDResources();
         pdpage.setResources(res);
         pdpage.getResources().setColorSpaces(colorspaces);

         // Add the page to the document.
         doc.addPage( pdpage );

         // Specify the page (pdpage) contents of the PDF file (doc).
         PDPageContentStream contentStream =newPDPageContentStream(doc, pdpage,false,false);

         /*
          Add a rectangle to the page.
          */
         // Set color space
         contentStream.setNonStrokingColorSpace(cs2);
         contentStream.setNonStrokingColor(new float[]{1,1,1,1,1,1});
         contentStream.fillRect(10,10,20,20);

         /*
             Add some text (Hello World) to the page.
          */
         contentStream.beginText();
          floatinitialpointX =0;
          floatinitialpointY =0;

          contentStream.moveTextPositionByAmount(10,10);

         contentStream.setNonStrokingColorSpace(cs1);
         contentStream.setStrokingColor(0.9);
         contentStream.drawString("Hello World!");
         contentStream.endText();

         // Close the stream.
         contentStream.close();

         // Finally save the document.