pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Alexander <alexandersche...@meetingsphere.com>
Subject Re: PDFs created on MacOS and Calibri font
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:10:30 GMT
Sure,

the sample PDF also contains some other Font but they render mostly fine
(besides the kerning for Times New Roman but that is still readable)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/msp-public/FontPresentationFromAcrobat.pdf
https://s3.amazonaws.com/msp-public/FontPresentationFromMac.pdf

Here the image results:
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/calibri.png
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/calibri_body.png
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/calibri_heading.png
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/calibri_light.png

for completeness the other pages from the PDF
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/tahoma.png
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/times_new_roman.png
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/arial.png
https://msp-public.s3.amazonaws.com/verdana.png

ta
Alexander

On 13.03.2015 14:36, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could you post a sample file to a public location to take a closer look at the PDF?
>
> BR
> Maruan
>
>> Am 13.03.2015 um 13:27 schrieb Alexander <alexanderscheibe@meetingsphere.com>:
>>
>> When I try to create images from an PDF which was created from an PowerPoint presentation
on MacOS with the font Calibri the resulting image is showing an '8', 'G' or 'K' in certain
words.

>> It also doesn't matter if I use the save as PDF option in PowerPoint or via Adobe
Acrobat plug-in (in both cases it the PDF meta data states created with 'Quartz PDFContext')

>> Some examples:
>> commenting becomes commen8ng
>> noticed becomes no8ced
>> Competitive becomes Compe88ve
>> still becomes st8l
>>
>> So it looks like it is the 'ti' ligature creates the rendering problem.
>>
>> Also the 'tt' ligature makes problems. If a text contains both ligatures
>> still becomes sGll
>> flatten becomes flaKen
>>
>> This seams to be a problem with all Calibri Fonts e.g. Calibri, Calibri (Heading),
Calibri (Body) and Calibri Light