pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDF extraction timeout
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 04:36:19 GMT
Am 04.03.2015 um 23:55 schrieb Shyam Odedra:
> Hi,
>
> I am having an issue where my application must wait X amount of time before giving up
on the PDF Extraction. The problem is that when I timeout on the thread doing the PDF Extaction,
PDFBox is still working and has a handle on the output file. I need a way to timeout the extraction
process and release the file handle.

> Is there support for this already?

No - you'd have to construct this yourself, e.g. by extracting one page
at a time and then stop doing it if you think it's no longer fun.

There should not be any endless processing; if there is, please open an
issue or upload the file somewhere.

Tilman