pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Morales-Martin, Kristina" <kmorales-mar...@cas.org>
Subject How to retain existing Acrobat/PDF version using Splitter class
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:26:19 GMT
Dear all,

In our use of the org.apache.pdfbox.util.Splitter class to split a PDF document according
to top level bookmarks,
we have observed that the newly created documents do not retain the existing Acrobat/PDF version
of the original document.
(Splitter#createNewDocument()).

Can experienced users/developers direct us to samples or other resources that show how this
can be achieved?

We are required to preserve the version of the original.
This is a requirement of a downstream process that consumes the split documents.
For example, if the input PDF is in version Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5), we would like the resulting
split documents to be the same version.

Thank you for your help.

-K.M-Martin

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.