pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Juan M Uys <opy...@gmail.com>
Subject font errors when reading PDF (not writing)
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:12:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm extracting text from PDFs using PDFTextStripperByArea and get a  lot of
these in the log:

Feb 25, 2015 2:01:44 PM org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.ExternalFonts
getTrueTypeFallbackFont
SEVERE: No TTF fallback font for 'Helvetica'
Feb 25, 2015 2:01:44 PM org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDTrueTypeFont <init>
WARNING: Using fallback font 'LiberationSans' for 'ArialMT'

I've searched the documentation for font-related advice, which seems to
pertain to WRITING PDFs, whereas I'm merely extracting text.

Please let me know how to get around this problem.

Do I need to install extra font packages?
If so, how? Where from?

At the very least, I'd like to know how to remove these statements from my
log. (I've tried throwing logback.xml and log4j.properties into my
resources folder, setting package org.apache.pdfbox to INFO, to no avail)

The system running my extractor code is stock Ubuntu 14.04 with Azul
openjdk 7 (see
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/azul/zulu-openjdk/dockerfile/)

Thanks,
Juan