pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: font errors when reading PDF (not writing)
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:27:58 GMT
Are you running on a headless system, such as a server? If so, you probably don’t have any
fonts installed. Even though you’re just doing text extraction, this matters because the
dimensions of the characters need to be taken into account and many PDFs do not embed the
fonts which they depend on.

At a bare minimum I’d recommend installing the liberation fonts and whichever Microsoft
fonts are available in your distribution’s package manager.

— John