pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Type1Glyph2D No glyph for 41 (.notdef) in font Helvetica
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:40:58 GMT
I also have no problem rendering this PDF. Please run the following program and let me know
what it prints:

import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.ExternalFonts;

public class DumpFonts
{
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        System.out.println(ExternalFonts.getProvider().toDebugString());
    }
}

-- John

> On 29 Jan 2015, at 09:23, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> I don't have any trouble displaying the fonts. But I'm on windows 7, maybe our heuristics
fail on Windows 8 ?

> Tilman
>
> Am 29.01.2015 um 13:14 schrieb Andreas Lehmkühler:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> "Andreas Lüdtke" <andi.luedtke@gmx.de> hat am 29. Januar 2015 um 08:51
>>> geschrieben:
>>>

>>> Hi Tilman,
>>>
>>> you will find the pdf file here:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v6tnroz6a8imsp/rg-1234567890BA.pdf?dl=0
>>> The converted image is here:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqnuou03elxrgb6/rg-1234567890BA1.jpg?dl=0
>>>
>>> In this case I used pdfbox-app-2.0.0-20150127.230110-988.jar to generate the
>>> image but the result is the same when I use my app.
>>>
>>> BTW: if the pdf has all fonts embedded, I don't have this problem.
>> There seems to be an issue with our font mapping if the fonts aren't embedded.
>> Besides, IMO you have to think about your font handling, especially as you're
>> creating the pdfs yourself. It's always a bad idea not to include the used
>> fonts, as the used reader has to map the missing fonts somehow and such a
>> replacement may lead to not that perfect renderings.
>>
>> BR
>> Andreas Lehmkühler
>>
>>> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015 um 17:45 Uhr
>>> Von: "Tilman Hausherr" <THausherr@t-online.de>
>>> An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
>>> Betreff: Re: Type1Glyph2D No glyph for 41 (.notdef) in font Helvetica
>>> Please upload a sample file somewhere and post the url
>>>
>>> Tilman

NO