pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: PDFBOX as a windows Service
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:12:15 GMT
Hi Guy,

The print(PrinterJob job) method of PDDocument calls job.printDialog()
which shows the system print dialog where the user can specify custom
print settings.

Window services run under a non-interactive user account, rather than
running as the current user. That means you won’t see the print dialog,
and you won’t get any of the default print settings belonging to the
your desktop user.

I suspect that your desktop user has set some custom printing
preferences and these are being passed to Java either via printDialog()
or as the PrinterJob defaults. Try calling the silentPrint(job) method on
PDDocument to bypass the dialog. If that does not work, you will need
to specify the print settings you want using the PrinterJob object.

-- John