pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Problem building the project with Eclipse and m2e
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:34:10 GMT
Hi Stefan - I'm using Eclipse and Maven to build PDFBox - can send you my configuration later
today

Maruan Sahyoun

> Am 25.01.2015 um 16:27 schrieb Stefan Falk <s.falk@student.tugraz.at>:
>
> Alright I think I'll use another building tool
>
> Can you recommend a plugin that should work "on the fly" with the pdfbox project?
>
> I do not necessarily have to use m2e ..
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards, Stefan
>

>> On 2015-01-24 13:46, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
>>> Am 24.01.2015 um 13:03 schrieb Stefan Falk:
>>>
>>> Isn't here anybody else who has built pdfbox in Eclipse?
>>
>> to which should be added "with m2e". Assuming the JCE problem is now a low priority
and the eclipse problem is a high priority, please attach the current log unless it's the
same you attached to your SO post:
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28087186/
>>
>> Re m2e "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration", I found this:
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6352208/how-to-solve-plugin-execution-not-covered-by-lifecycle-configuration-for-sprin

>> The best answer here was to introduce "<pluginManagement>" which is already
done.
>> *
>> *The 2nd best answer here was to switch to the Apache Eclipse plug-in <http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/>.
>>
>> The 3rd best answer mentions some background on your error message "Plugin execution
not covered by lifecycle configuration" and points to this:
>> https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html
>> although I guess it's complex stuff like this what would probably make me switch
to a different tool, i.e. m2e is more part of the problem than part of the solution.