pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: COSVisitorException
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:36:13 GMT
Hi Lorena,

That error is from the Java compiler. You need to learn how to use exceptions in Java:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/exceptions/ <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/exceptions/>

These sorts of questions aren’t really suitable for the PDFBox mailing list.

Thanks,

-- John

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 09:01, Lorena Leishman <lorenaleishman@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> When I tried to run this code I get: unreported exception COSVisitorException; must be
caught or declare to be thrownpdf.Document. save(FilledForm); 1 error. Do you know why?

> package org.apache.pdfbox.examples.acroforms;import java.io.File;
> import java.io.IOException;
> import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument;
> import org.apache.pdfbox.exceptions.*;
> import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAcroForm;import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDField;
> import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDTextbox;
>

> public class FillTestField {
> public static void main(String[] args)  throws IOException    {  String formTemplate
= "Users/Dad/Desktop/TCRM/game plan 12-16.pdf";           String filledForm = "Users/Dad/JavaTest/game
plan 12-16.pdf";               // load the document        PDDocument pdfDocument = PDDocument
               .load(new File(formTemplate),null);
> // get the document catalog        PDAcroForm acroForm = pdfDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm();
       // as there might not be an AcroForm entry a null check is necessary        if (acroForm
!= null)        { // Retrieve an individual field and set it's value.            PDTextbox
field = (PDTextbox) acroForm.getField( "Goal" );            field.setValue("Text Entry");
                       // If a field is nested within the form tree a fully qualified name
            // might be provided to access the field.            field = (PDTextbox) acroForm.getField(
"fieldsContainer.nestedSampleField" );            field.setValue("Text Entry");  }