pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Falk <s.f...@student.tugraz.at>
Subject Re: Extract underlying PDF code from PDF file by selecting an area
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 23:14:04 GMT
Well, basically just extract it to load it into another PDF  but it
should be possible e.g. with the mouse.

On 2015-01-14 22:52, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
> what would you like to do with that content?
>
> BR
> Maruan
>
> Am 14.01.2015 um 21:42 schrieb Stefan Falk <s.falk@student.tugraz.at>:
>
>> Hello pdfbox people!
>>
>> I was wondering if anybody can help me with my needs. What I am looking for is a
possibility to extract the underlying PDF code from a PDF file by simply selecting an area
with your mouse.

>> After reading a few things about PDFs I have learned that anything that has to do
with extraction anything from a PDF can be a quite hard task.

>> So I was wondering if pdfbox could do that somehow. I've taken a rough look at the
PDFReader and I noticed that there is e.g. processTextPosition from the class PageDrawer that
seem to allow me to get at least the position from Text - am I right in assuming that?

>> My concrete question would be what is possible with pdfbox regarding this matter?
E.g. I have a PDF on my drive which text seems to be "extractable" by pdfbox on the one hand
but on the other hand the PDFReader is not able to render any of it. It just renders the images
(see attachment).