pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thib Guicherd-Callin <t...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject What all is in the standalone JAR?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 01:03:13 GMT

Hi folks,

The standalone JAR (pdfbox-app-1.8.8.jar) looks tantalizingly like the
union of all the various components that make up PDFBox, but apparently
not. What classes does and doesn't it contain, exactly?

Evidently, it contains all the class files from fontbox-1.8.8.jar,
jempbox-1.8.8.jar and pdfbox-1.8.8.jar, but none of the class files from
xmpbox-1.8.8.jar or preflight-1.8.8.jar. Is that correct?

I was able to verify that it also contains all the class files from
Commons Logging 1.1.3 (the longtime stable version prior to 1.2). Is
that correct?

Then I got lost with ICU4J. Obviously it contains tons of ICU4J class
files, but the list of class file names differs quite a lot from recent
ICU4J JARs. (I tried from 54.1.1 to 51.2.) The data files under
com/ibm/icu/impl/data/icudt38b/ could imply this is from ICU4J 3.8 or
3.8.1, and while a much better match, it's still slightly different.
What version is included in there? (As a side question, I'm no proponent
of trying to stay at the bleeding edge of dependencies, but if it's
really an ICU4J version from 2007, are there any plans to upgrade the
version of ICU4J included in the standalone JAR?)

Basically same question with Bouncy Castle. I went back to 1.46 and the
number of difference in class file names goes as I went back in Bouncy
Castle history but still quite a lot of differences. What version is in
there? (And if it's a really old version, are there any plans to upgrade
the version included in the standalone JAR?)

Are there other bundles of class files in the standalone JAR that I
didn't notice? (I was looking at the Dependencies page for clues.)

Thanks,

Thib