pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject Runtime exception in PDFParser.parse()
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:24:06 GMT
Hi

Recently I started getting runtime exceptions in PDFParser.parse(), but I can't seem to get
any information out as to why.  The weird thing is that it only happens on Linux - on my laptop
it is fine!
I have tried to get a stack trace (my code uses log4j), but all I get is:

org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V

This is produced by my code:

try {
    log.info("Parsing PDF document ...");
    document = PDDocument.load(is, true);         // skip corrupt pdf objects

} catch (Throwable t) {
    message = "Failure when parsing PDF <" + filename + ">: " + t.getMessage();
    if (t1.getCause() != null) {
        message += " | CAUSE: " + t1.getCause().getMessage();
    }

    log.warn(t);
    log.debug(message);
    throw new Exception(message);
}

I have also tried to turn logging up in my log4j.properties:

log4j.logger.org.apache.pdfbox=TRACE

But I see nothing except the slf4j line above.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

- Chris

Chris Bamford
m: +44 7860 405292
www.mimecast.com

Mimecast
CityPoint
One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW
+44 (0) 207 847 8700

Disclaimer

cbamford@mimecast.com sent at 2015-01-21 14:24:10 is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for use by users@pdfbox.apache.org and others authorized to receive
it. If you are not users@pdfbox.apache.org
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance
of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 123 4197 34
Registered Office: CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, Moorgate, London, EC2Y 9AW

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast. Mimecast delivers a complete
managed email solution from a single web based platform. For more information please visit
www.mimecast.com

mcst2013