pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: What does appendRawCommands do?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 18:57:27 GMT
Hi Lucy,

12 TL sets the text leading to 12pt, i.e the line-height. The default is zero.
T* moves to start of a new line, and uses the TL value. This does nothing when TL is zero.

The  text operators are documented in full in the PDF specification (ISO 32000:1),
in Section 9.3, you can find a copy here:

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf <http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf>

You might like to try the 2.0 Trunk version of PDFBox, where we have built-in APIs for these
commands now, so you don’t have to call appendRawCommands. We also have full Unicode
support for TTF fonts.

-- John