pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Problem building the project with Eclipse and m2e
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 21:24:55 GMT
Hi Stefan,

my steps:
- add a new workspace
- add the svn location in SVN Repositories view
- do checkout in that view
- right click pom.xml
- select run as Maven build
- enter 'install' in Goals

BR
Maruan

PS: no worries with the number of mails as long as they are relevant - we are here to help

Am 25.01.2015 um 21:18 schrieb Stefan Falk <s.falk@student.tugraz.at>:

> Here is how I have done it:
>
> Added the repository in the synchronized view: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox
>
> From the right-click context menu on the trunk folder: "Checkout as Maven Project..."
>
> That's it. I assume it is supposed to work on the fly without any modifications to the
pom.xml or something like that.

> Best regards, Stefan
>
> PS: Please tell me if you get the feeling that I am writing too many Emails on this channel.
I know there are many questions and I don't want to spam your inbox!

the official update site (|http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases|).

>>> The auto-build option should be enabled by default but anyway this is enabled
in my Eclipse too.

>>> If you check out the trunk, does it build without any further changes in the
settings or something?

>>> I don't want to modify the pom.xml since I intend to stay in sync with all changes
that is going to be made in the trunk folder.

>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Stefan

from the command line but doing it from Eclipse works too. I've enabled the Java Builder in
the Projects Properties in Eclipse to get an automatic rebuild whenever I do changes so errors
are reflected in the GUI directly.

the project from command line and import the single projects manually?

you my configuration later today

is now a low priority and the eclipse problem is a high priority, please attach the current
log unless it's the same you attached to your SO post:

I found this:

plug-in <http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/>.

message "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration" and points to this:
probably make me switch to a different tool, i.e. m2e is more part of the problem than part
of the solution.