pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gilad Denneboom <gilad.denneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about PDFTextStripper.java code
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:57:29 GMT
All of these variables are references to the same object, so when the
contents of the object are edited inside the writeText function the value
pointed at by the external variable (*outputStream* in getText) are changed
as well.
In other words, when *outputStream *is assigned to *output *(inside
writeText) all it says is for that variable to point to the same object
reference. It does not create a copy of the variable under a new name.