pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Cheffers, Paul" <Paul.Cheff...@humanservices.gov.au>
Subject RE: PDFMerge Exception [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:48:50 GMT
You have to make sure the PDF is not encrypted in order to merge.  If it is encrypted you
Need to decrypt it using PDFBOX calls (and for this you need the bouncycastle jar file as
well as PDFBOX).

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2014 8:47 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDFMerge Exception

I tested with 2.0 :-(

Tilman

Am 16.12.2014 um 22:39 schrieb John Hewson:
> Try using the latest 2.0 snapshot, recursive resources are handled differently in 2.0,
so the problem may not exist there.

> -- John
>
>> On 16 Dec 2014, at 12:03, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, you can file a bug in JIRA, but if there's really this resource recursion, the
best that can be done is that have PDFMerger output an error.

>> You mentioned that you thought that the file might be problematic. Did you have other
trouble already?

>> Tilman
>>
>> Am 16.12.2014 um 20:55 schrieb Marc Davis:
>>> Yes, of course, I meant the first file.  I should have labelled it file1, file2.
 Next steps??  File a bug?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Marc

itself. This doesn't happen with the second one.

PDFBox bug.

with this file <https://www.dropbox.com/s/08xappgyx391q4u/diels%202.pdf?dl=0>.

is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain information that is confidential,
commercially valuable and/or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited
and may result in severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete all electronic and hard copies of this transmission together
with any attachments. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail **********************************************************************