pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFMerge Exception [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:05:12 GMT
The file isn't encrypted. Not even with an empty password. Encrypted
files have an "Encrypt" entry.

Tilman

Am 16.12.2014 um 22:58 schrieb Cheffers, Paul:
> Your PDF may not be content encrypted but it may have a permissions password attached
to it.  The permissions security scheme determines whether it can be copied or printed etc.
 You should put your PDFs through the actual adobe reader and look at preferences to see if
there are some permissions restrictions.  These will have to be lifted if you are to merge.
 Often there will be permissions restrictions with a permissions password of ""

the bouncycastle jar file as well as PDFBOX).

>> Paul

in 2.0, so the problem may not exist there.

>>> -- John

the best that can be done is that have PDFMerger output an error.

file2.  Next steps??  File a bug?

it with itself. This doesn't happen with the second one.

with this file <https://www.dropbox.com/s/08xappgyx391q4u/diels%202.pdf?dl=0>.

the last file may be problematic.