pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Delete only specific Images from PDF file
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:50:06 GMT
Hi,

It is probably not so easy: while you could loop through the existing
resources maps (fonts, xobjects, colorspaces, graphic states,
properties, patterns, shadings), and add one by one to the new one, or
alternatively delete from the COSDictionary and create a new PDResources
from there, to be perfect you'd have to clean the content stream where
the image is invoked.

If you are sure that the image is not superimposed, you could replace it
in the resources with a blank image of the same size (and the same
name!). If you know that the image is a stamp, then rather a transparent
image of the same size.

Tilman