pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Laura DE STAERKE <laura.destae...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we use PDFBox to render PDF
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2014 01:24:07 GMT
Good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening and Good night,

First of all, I would like to apologize in advance if what I write is not
very clear for you, English is not my native language but I'll do my best
:-) .

I have done some researches on the web these last days to understand if
PDFBox can be used or not to render PDF.

I currently use it to display my PDF into a JScrollPane in converting the
page I want to display into an image. I have added as well  a toolbar to
enable the user to interact on the PDF (zoom, go to the next page,
rotation, print etc...)

I would like to be able to display the pdf without having to create some
images. When I look at the PDFBox features described on the PDFBox website,
PDF rendering is not one of them.

However in digging a bit into the web I have found some people that say
that they success in displaying PDF with PDFBox without creating images,
others, found in the forums, say that it doesn't work well so they gave up
and do that by creating images now (like* I *currently* do)*.

The reasons I want to stop displaying the PDF with images are that I have
notice that the performance are not very good when the document is complex
and I would like to be able to display a continuous view of the document
that would enable teh user to go over all the document with the mouse wheel.

I thank you a lot for your time and thank you in advance for your help.

Have a good weekend

Regards