pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Width information for rendered glyphs is inconsistent
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:07:00 GMT
Hi Vadimo

This error means that the Widths in the embedded font file don’t match the widths in the
FontDescriptor. You’ll need to update whichever is wrong, however PDFBox can’t edit fonts
so you can only use it to update the FontDescriptor width, which may or may not be what you
want. The Widths specifies the width of each glyph and can be found at:

Page -> Resources -> Font -> FontDescriptor -> Widths

The manner in which fonts are embedded in PDF is very complex, and this kind of repair will
require that you have a good understanding of the relevant concepts from the ISO 32000 PDF
specification. PDFBox provides the low-level APIs which you need, but you need to understand
PDF in order to use them.

Thanks

-- John