pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Including PostScript in PDFBox
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:05:42 GMT
Keep the jpeg at the original size, and use the drawXImage method to
resize. Use the PDJpeg constructor that uses a stream, not the one that
uses a BufferedImage.

Tilman

Am 12.11.2014 um 11:14 schrieb phiroc@free.fr:
> Hi John,
>
> I have exported an EPS image to a 2000 DPI PNG using Inkscape,converted the PNG to a
100%-quality JPG using Gimp, and then added the JPG image as a 300 x 27 pixel PDJpeg to a
PDPage. Yet, the JDJpeg is pixelated.

> Is there a better way to make PDPjeg images as little pixelated as possible?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Philippe

the files yourself and convert the drawing commands into equivalent PDF commands. However,
for any non-trivial file you’re going to need a PostScript interpreter.

> If you don’t need to be 100% Java then an alternative route would be to convert your
PostScript to PDF using Ghostscript and then you can use PDFBox to include that PDF image
on a page.