pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Marc Davis <marcdavis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mollify PDF before merging
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:28:34 GMT
Tim, 1.8.7 seems to have fixed all our issues!  Thanks so much for recommending this.

We do have two images that seem troublesome:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35lafjdqrt7vy3e/michael%20levine.pdf?dl=0 (after merging TL-9 page
is black)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwlxoj2hpvbnr5i/badform.pdf?dl=0 (file is password protected, does
PDFBox have a way around this?)

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this...

Thanks,
Marc

On Oct 1, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:

> Then please retry with 1.8.7, because the problem should be fixed there, hopefully. (A
problem related to identically named resources in both PDF files)

> if it still happens, please open an issue in JIRA, and attach the two PDF files and the
result. If the files are confidential, please try producing non-confidential files.

> Tilman
>
> Am 01.10.2014 um 21:13 schrieb Marc Davis:
>> I am using v1.8.6
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marc
>>

>> On Oct 1, 2014, at 3:08 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>>> What version are you using? We recently fixed a bug with merge.
>>>
>>> Tilman

or files generated from AutoCAD do not merge properly (they are either blank or missing fonts).
 However, when we open and save the file in a native reader such as Adobe Reader (Windows)
or Preview in Mac, and then merge again, the merge works fine!