pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Lauretta Carroll <carr...@practicetoday.com>
Subject Installing and compiling PDFBox
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:26:07 GMT
I am having great difficulty installing PDFBox.1.8.7.

I have installed Apache (on a Windows 7 machine).
>From my browswer address bar, "http:\\localhost\" responds:
"It Works!", indicating that Apache is truly running.

I have installed the following Java JDK:
jdk-7u71-windows-i586.exe

I have installed Maven.
>From the cmd line, "mvn --version" responds:

Apache Maven 3.2.3
Maven home: C:\Apache\apache-maven-3.2.3
Java version: 1.8.0_25. vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "Windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "x86", family: "dos"

Maven appears to be installed, as well as Java.

I have downloaded and extracted the following:
pdfbox-1.8.7-scr

I have downloaded the following:
commons-logging-1.2.jar
jempbox-1.8.7.jar
fontbox-1.8.7.jar
pdfbox-1.8.7.jar
pdfbox-app-1.8.7.jar

and I have updated the CLASSPATH to include the System Variable PATH for
each of above.

This is where things fall apart.
It is not clear how to complile PDFBox.

Do you use a 'jar' command?
Can someone please point me to the documentation to compile PDFBox?
Is there a fee based PDFBox Helpline anywhere on planet earth?

Thanks,
~LCarroll