pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Help, values I load in from an FDF file into a PDF are not appearing u sing PDFbox inportFDF
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:55:31 GMT
There are unfortunately a number of open issue wrt FDF. Maybe you issue is related to PDFBOX-1574.

Could you provide us with a sample form and code to reproduce the issue and attach it to that
issue?

BR
Maruan

Am 24.10.2014 um 18:56 schrieb twopals@juno.com:

> The field values are not visible when I click in the fields that should have hadvalues
populated in them based on the FDF that was imported. Pete--------------- I am trying to load
field values into a PDF template using an FDF file. however the values do notappear in the
PDF that is saved to the file system. I can open the PDF and manually import theFDF file and
the field values populate so that tell me the FDF file is formatted correctly.The code is
not generating any errors. The PDF fields are empty when I open the PDF document. File input
= new File(flds[1]);fdf = FDFDocument.load(input);System.out.println("FDF file loaded");PDDocumentCatalog
docCatalog = pd .getDocumentCatalog();PDAcroForm acroForm = docCatalog.getAcroForm();acroForm.setCacheFields(
true ); acroForm.importFDF( fdf );System.out.println(" FDF form imported" );try {   pd.save(PDFname);
  System.out.println("Saved file as: " + PDFname); pd.close();   System.out.println( "--------------------------------");}
  catch (COSVisitorException e) { e.printStackTrace();}