pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Installing and compiling PDFBox
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:41:34 GMT
Hi,

This is somewhat confusing. The "it works" message is from the Apache
webserver. Not apache pdfbox.

You don't have to "compile" pdfbox, you can use the jars.

You have to compile your own code, unless you are using the command line
application.

for example, enter this in a dos box:

     java -jar pdfbox-app-1.8.7.jar PDFReader blah.pdf

and it will display the pdf. Or enter

     java -jar pdfbox-app-1.8.7.jar PDFToImage -resolution 300
-imageType png blah.pdf

and it will convert your image to png.

Or enter

     java -jar pdfbox-app-1.8.7.jar

and it will show what commands are available

No, there is no "fee based PDFBox Helpline" anywhere on planet earth.
Although many questions are answered here for free. Maybe explain what
you want to do.

Tilman