pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Ingvar Larsson" <ingvar.lars...@unigil-support.se>
Subject PDF files not rendered before printed
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:42:43 GMT
Hello,

We have started to try to use PDFBox but when we print from Linux the file
is printed as a text file giving us a huge pile with paper.

The print works fine from Windows.

Our Linux is Redhat 64 bits but without CUPS installed. The printing service
is the old lpr daemon.

Windows is Windows 7.

Tried with PDFBox 1.8.7, Java 1.7.0_51 and latest Java 8.

We are just trying to use the print tool out-of-the box like this:

java -jar pdfbox-app-1.8.7.jar PrintPDF gfile-to-print.pdf

Do we need to have cups installed instead of the old lpr that not supports
PDF? I don't explain the reason to why we don't use cups. It's complicated,
you know. :

Best regards

Ingvar