pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Extended features are not available since the document was modified
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:07:18 GMT
to support this we would need the ability to do incremental updates not only for signatures.
That’s currently possible but would need to be done by the user of PDFBox himself.

Maruan

Am 13.09.2014 um 17:38 schrieb Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>:

> Hi,
>
> Can you please open an issue in JIRA, post the shortest possible code that shows the
problem and the PDF you're working with? I'm not saying that this will speed up a solution,
but we've been working on some issues with form fields so we could check whether it still
happens.

> Tilman
>
> Am 12.09.2014 um 10:34 schrieb Branislav Hric:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a PDF with Acrobat extended features, which has a form.  I have a program
using PDFBox which adds data to certain fields in the form and saves it. The partially filled
in form is sent to user who then fills in the remaining forms.

>> The problem I am facing is that when the above is done, the PDF is flattened, no
field values are filled and the form fields are gone. Acrobat also shows a warning:
>> "This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed
since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the
author for the original version of this document"

>> Is there a way with PDFBox to add data to this kind of form while keeping the form
fields available for manual entry later?