pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Luis Herrero <ruisunos...@gmail.com>
Subject Comb textbox not formatted correctly
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 09:30:20 GMT
Hello,

There’s a similar question on the thread “field comb” on 28 may 2014 with
no answer.

I have a pdf generated with LibreOffice to be prefilled by an application.

There are several comb text boxes (for example to insert a telephone number
or a postal code)

I set the value of the AcroForm field -> setValue(‘’12345’’)

The function shouldComb() returns true.

MaxLengh returns 5.

I need to set the property doNotScroll to false in order to the text to be
displayed, if not the text is not printed in the resulting pdf ->
setDoNotScroll(false)

With this property set, the string is printed in the text box, but the
numbers are not placed in their respective boxes, as you can see here :

pdfbox output: http://i.imgur.com/yjjhE51.png

desired output: http://i.imgur.com/s5BnXK6.png

I haven’t found much information about the behaviour of comb fields in
pdfbox.

Is this behaviour of automatically placing numbers in their boxes available
in pdfbox ?

Is it necessary any additional implementation ?