pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From <klaus.gr...@lhsystems.com>
Subject importing pdf file
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:05:39 GMT
Hello,
I'm validating the use of pdfbox 1.8.6 for the creation of a pdf file for an editor. Therefore
I need the possibility to include a pdf file (picture).

I tried some coding, but it is not fully readable with Acrobat Reader. I'm not sure, if I
use the wrong concept for this or if it is simple a mistake in pdfbox.

Please can you give me a hint.

My coding:

         try
         {
            float       width   = 150.0f;
            float       height  = 400.0f;
            PDRectangle sizePDF = new PDRectangle(width,height);
            PDDocument  aDoc    = new PDDocument();
            PDPage      aPage   = new PDPage(sizePDF);
            aDoc.addPage( aPage );
            PDPageContentStream aContent = new PDPageContentStream(aDoc, aPage);

            PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA_BOLD;
            aContent.beginText();
            aContent.setFont( font, 12 );
            aContent.moveTextPositionByAmount( 2, 5 );
            aContent.drawString( "Import a pdf file:" );
            aContent.endText();

            File  aFile    = new File("c:\\hallo.pdf");
            byte  buffer[] = new byte[(int) aFile.length()];
            FileInputStream In = new FileInputStream(aFile);
            In.read(buffer);
            In.close();

            ByteArrayInputStream in      = new ByteArrayInputStream(buffer);
            PDStream             aStream = new PDStream (aDoc, in);
            PDXObjectForm        aObject = new PDXObjectForm( aStream );
            aContent.drawXObject(aObject,2,30,150,150);

            aContent.close();
            aDoc.save( "c:\\pdftest.pdf");
            aDoc.close();
          }
          catch (Exception e)
          {
            System.out.println(" error creating pdf file."
                + e.toString());
          }
      }
}

The used data and the output is attached to the mail.

Thanks
Klaus Graaf