pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Branislav Hric <branislav.h...@interway.sk>
Subject Extended features are not available since the document was modified
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:34:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a PDF with Acrobat extended features, which has a form.  I have a
program using PDFBox which adds data to certain fields in the form and
saves it. The partially filled in form is sent to user who then fills in
the remaining forms.

The problem I am facing is that when the above is done, the PDF is
flattened, no field values are filled and the form fields are gone.
Acrobat also shows a warning:
"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document
has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no
longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of
this document"

Is there a way with PDFBox to add data to this kind of form while
keeping the form fields available for manual entry later?

Thank you.

Best regards

Branislav Hric