pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Yaish <laure...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-page overlay with OverlayPDF in PDFBox 1.8.2
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:45:38 GMT
So I looked at the code and it does look like there is no way to do this
with the new implementation.
Using the -even, -odd or -page options could work for a small document, but
we wouldn't be able to overlay a 999 page PDF with a 3 page template.

What if we added something like a -useAllOverlayPages parameter (it's a bad
name, I know)  that would then populate specificPageOverlayPage with all
the pages available from the defaultOverlay and then just do something like:

int usePageNum = pageNumber % specificPageOverlayPage.size(); if
(useAllOverlayPages && specificPageOverlayPage.containsKey(usePageNum)) {
layoutPage = specificPageOverlayPage.get(usePageNum); }

in the overlayPage() method.

I'd try it, but don't code in Java and it probably would take me a while
just to get the thing to compile... :)

Thoughts?

Thanks

Laurent