pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Balaji Venkatamohan <bvenk...@tibco.com>
Subject PDF fields become non editable in Adobe reader after writing to it using Pdfbox APIs
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:53:57 GMT
Hello,

I am reading a PDF which has editable fields and which can be edited by
opening it through Adobe Reader. I am using PDFBox to generate an output
PDF with data filled for the fields in input PDF. The output PDF can be
opened using Adobe Reader and I am able to see the field values but I am
unable to edit those fields directly from Adobe reader.

There is also a JIRA ticket :
Can anybody please tell me if this got resolved? Also, if possible please
answer the following questions.

1. Is there any protection policy or access permission that I need to
explicitly set in order to edit the output PDF from Adobe reader?
2. When i try to write/overwrite data present in the output PDF acro form
fields using PdfBox. The API is able to get the list of all fields from the
acrofields and programmatically I am able to see those values are being set
to the respective fields. When I open the output PDF though, the values are
not there. I see the old values. Could you please let me know if this a
known issue/behavior with PdfBox?
3. Every time I open the PDF that was written to using pdfbox APIs, I get
this message prompt:

" The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended
features is no longer avalable...."

I am using PdfBox 1.8.6 jar and Adobe reader 11.0.8. I would really
appreciate if anybody could help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Balaji