pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Strein, Mark C CIV USARMY TRADOC ANALYSIS CTR (US)" <mark.c.strein....@mail.mil>
Subject RE: How to find the position of a specific paragraph in the input PDF? (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 11:22:24 GMT
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Morning Sir,
The basic construct for extracting the value in a field is:

field.getFullyQualifiedName().equalsIgnoreCase(fullyQualifiedName).getValue(
) - note: I use fully qualified names(FQN) to prevent errors

My way of extracting the FQN is as follows(the short version):

private void processField(PDField field,boolean buildPDList) throws
IOException
        {
            List kids = field.getKids();
            if(kids != null)
            {
                Iterator kidsIter = kids.iterator();
                while(kidsIter.hasNext())
                {
                    Object pdfObj = kidsIter.next();
                    if(pdfObj instanceof PDField)
                    {
                        PDField kid = (PDField)pdfObj;
                        processField(kid,buildPDList);
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
			If(!buildPDlist)
			{

System.err.println(field.getFullyQualifiedName());
			}
			else
			{
				//other processing