pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Multi-page overlay with OverlayPDF in PDFBox 1.8.2
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:52:33 GMT
Hi,

Am 31.08.2014 02:45, schrieb Laurent Yaish:
> So I looked at the code and it does look like there is no way to do this
> with the new implementation.
> Using the -even, -odd or -page options could work for a small document, but
> we wouldn't be able to overlay a 999 page PDF with a 3 page template.
>
> What if we added something like a -useAllOverlayPages parameter (it's a bad
> name, I know)  that would then populate specificPageOverlayPage with all
> the pages available from the defaultOverlay and then just do something like:
>
> int usePageNum = pageNumber % specificPageOverlayPage.size(); if
> (useAllOverlayPages && specificPageOverlayPage.containsKey(usePageNum)) {
> layoutPage = specificPageOverlayPage.get(usePageNum); }
>
> in the overlayPage() method.
>
> I'd try it, but don't code in Java and it probably would take me a while
> just to get the thing to compile... :)
Just for clarification. In your given example you expect to overlay your 999
pages pdf with a 3 pages overlay pdf by repeating those 3 pages over and over
again. Am I right?

> Thoughts?
Obviously the old implementation provided that feature and the current one not.
So, if it's needed we should reimplement it. Shouldn't be that hard ....

> Thanks
>
> Laurent

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler